Monday, August 9, 2010

Root Beer Review 6: Sprecher

Name: Sprecher Fire-Brewed Root Beer
My Rating: 8/10
My Review:  Sprecher is a nice root beer.  It was smooth and had a nice hint of vanilla.  The overall flavor was a little weak...needs more root beer flavor.  This brew uses both high fructose corn syrup and WI raw honey as sweetners (I thought the sweetness was right on).  The bottle says that The New York Times rated this root beer #1...I disagree.   Good root beer but not great.  However, I would not hesitate drinking Sprecher root beer again.  I purchased this root beer at Galco's Soda Pop Stop in Los Angeles, CA.
Website: Sprecher Brewery
Ingredients: Carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, dextrin, WI raw honey, natural and artificial flavors, sodium benzoate, phosphoric acid, quillaia/yucca  extract, sodium chloride, caramel color, and vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment