Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Root Beer Review 9: Virgil's

Name: Virgil's Root Beer
My Ranking: 8/10
My Review: This is a very good root beer.  I was skeptical going in with all the extra ingredients that Virgil's throws into the mix.  The only extra ingredients that really stand out are the licorice and molasses flavors (nice hints and not overpowering).  The other ingredients blend quite well: Anise, Vanilla (Bourbon), Cinnamon, Clove, Wintergreen, Nutmeg, Pimento Berry Oil, Balsam Oil, and Oil of Cassia (none distract from the taste but I am sure add nuances I could not detect...and they do search the world over for the best ingredients...just check out their website to see for yourself).  This is a surprisingly refreshing brew.  The bottle states that Virgil's Root Beer has won the NASFT Outstanding Beverage Award.  I purchased Virgil's Root Beer at Trader Joe's in Cerritos, CA.
Website: Virgil's
Ingredients: Purified carbonated water, unbleached cane sugar, caramelized unrefined cane sugar, herbs, spices, and citric acid.

1 comment:

  1. It's the best root beer I have found. I buy it all the time at Trader Joe, just $4.99 for 4-bottle pack. Have also seen at Stop&Shop actually costs $1.00 more there.

    ReplyDelete